The following is a list of our open Conversation Groups across Sheffield.
Unless otherwise stated all our groups are free, meet term time only and are open to all ESOL learners, there is no need to register, learners are welcome to just turn up.
City Centre Groups
- City of Sanctuary Chapel Walk: groups meet here twice a week, Tuesdays 10:30 and Thursdays at 11:30am, Learners are welcome to attend just one or both. We also have a learning to read group here on Thursday mornings 11:00 – 12:30.
- Edward St Flats Community Room: Just down the hill from the University roundabout, this group meet every Wednesday (including through the school holidays) starting at 9:30am.
- Old Junior School, Southview Rd. Meets every Tuesday at 1pm
- Common Ground Community Centre, Machon Bank. A women Only group meeting in the School. Every Thursday from 9:15am.
- Chinese Community Centre London Road: Run in partnership with the Centre this group meets every Thursday from 10am. There is a small charge for this group to cover the costs of the Centre, £1 per session for members and £2 for non members.
- High Level Conversation Group – Vestry Hall Burngreave Rd: This group is for higher level learners (Level 1 and above) with an emphasis around jobs and careers it has regular guest speakers. Meets every Wednesday at 10am – a creche is also available.
- Fatima Community Centre, Brunswick Road: A new group for women only, meets on the ground floor of the centre every Wednesday at 10am.
- Abbeyfield House (in Abbeyfield Park) Pitsmoor Rd, Burngreave: A women only group which meets in the big park house, every Wednesday at 09:30.
- ACT Firvale Centre, Earl Marshall Rd: Open to all learners, meets Wednesdays 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Firvale Community Hub: Meet Wednesdays at 10:30am for conversation and coffee!
- Darnall Well Being Centre, Main Rd Darnall: Open to all ESOL learners this group meets every Friday from 10 – 11:30am.
- Tinsley Forum, Bawtry Rd Tinsley: For Women Only, meets every Thursday 12:30 – 2:00pm
- The Foyer, 2 Spring Lane, S2 2JQ: For residents of the Foyer and the local community, Meets Monday evenings 6pm.
If you would like further information about Conversation Groups please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or call on 0114 253 6644 – Kerry