The following is a list of our open Conversation Groups across Sheffield.
Unless otherwise stated all our groups are free, meet term time only and are open to all ESOL learners, there is no need to register, learners are welcome to just turn up.
City Centre Groups
- City of Sanctuary Chapel Walk: groups meet here twice a week, Tuesdays 10:30 and Thursdays at 11:30am, Learners are welcome to attend just one or both. We also have a learning to read group here on Thursday mornings 11:00 – 12:30.
- Broomhall Community Centre, Broomspring Lane: A 10 minute walk from the City Centre this group meets every Tuesday at 11am.
- Edward St Flats Community Room: Just down the hill from the University roundabout, this group meet every Wednesday (including through the school holidays) starting at 9:30am.
- Old Junior School, Southview Rd. Meets every Tuesday at 1pm
- ESOL and Sewing – Common Ground Centre Machon Bank. Come and practice your English while learning to sew! Every Tuesday starting at 11am.
- Netheredge Primary School, Abbeydale Rd. A women Only group meeting in the School. Every Thursday from 9:15am.
- Chinese Community Centre London Road: Run in partnership with the Centre this group meets every Thursday from 10am. There is a small charge for this group to cover the costs of the Centre, £1 per session for members and £2 for non members.
- Sorby House, Spital Hill: This group for women only meets every Friday at 10am.
- High Level Conversation Group – Vestry Hall Burngreave Rd: This group is for higher level learners (Level 1 and above) with an emphasis around jobs and careers it has regular guest speakers. Meets every Wednesday at 10am – a creche is also available.
- Fatima Community Centre, Brunswick Road: A new group for women only, meets on the ground floor of the centre every Wednesday at 10am.
- Al Rahman Mosque, Burngreave Rd: A mens group which meets in the upstairs training rooms of the Mosque, every Tuesday starting at 1pm.
- Abbeyfield House (in Abbeyfield Park) Pitsmoor Rd, Burngreave: A women only group which meets in the big park house, every Wednesday at 09:30.
- Darnall Well Being Centre, Main Rd Darnall: Open to all ESOL learners this group meets every Friday from 10 – 11:30am.
- Tinsley Forum, Bawtry Rd Tinsley: For Women Only, meets every Thursday 12:30 – 2:00pm
- ESOL and Cooking, The Corner House, 34 Maltravers Terrace, Wybourn. Come and cook together, eat together and practice speaking English together! Every Friday 11:45 – 1:45pm
If you would like further information about Conversation Groups please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or call on 0114 253 6644 – Kerry