SAVTE provides for all volunteers:
- Bespoke volunteer training
- A ‘link worker’ as a point of contact for advice and guidance.
- Additional training modules relevant to the volunteer role
- Group and individual volunteer support sessions
- Access to SAVTE resources and online volunteer forum
- Out of pocket travel expenses within the Sheffield city boundary up to £4.80/day
Volunteer commitment – what we ask from our volunteers
Above all, we ask our volunteers to fulfil their volunteering commitment. Many of our learners rely on their SAVTE volunteer to learn English, and we don’t want to let them down. However we know that life can get in the way, so we don’t want this to put anyone off.
Volunteering with SAVTE involves:
- Completing a SAVTE training course and attending ongoing support sessions (2-3 times a year)
- Committing to a weekly session for an agreed period of time (depending on the placement), and communicating if there are any problems with this
- Preparing sessions and materials, and keeping records about progress, so that SAVTE can report to funding bodies.
- Adhere to safeguarding, lone working and Equal Opportunities policies and maintain confidentiality with regard to learners at all times.