SAVTE has a well stocked resource library at our Castle Green office including books, worksheets, games and audio materials, which volunteers can access during office hours. Please contact us to book a visit. We also have our own collection of online materials and provide guidance to volunteers on selecting online resources for different kinds of language support.
Here are some examples of sites that provide free resources that we recommend:
- ESOL Nexus materials – Beginners: Lots of beginner topics that explore relevant vocabulary. We have found the one-to-one tutoring section very useful.
- ESOL Nexus materials – UK Life: Lots of videos and activities relating to UK Life topics
- ETF New to ESOL resources: ‘New to ESOL’ session plans and resources for beginners – scroll down to ‘Teaching Materials’ section.
- One Stop English: Lots of free beginner level topics and resources. You will need to register (free) on the website to access the resources.
- English My Way – Learning Circle Resources A series of beginner level resources
- Excellence Gateway This is the site where you can download the Skills for Life Learner Materials from Entry 1 to Level 2.